This week I learned that I was ‘tagged’ by Style Child & received a bloggers “The Emblem Of The Helping Hand” from Mista Jaycee at A Choice of Weapons, so what I’m going to do is mix it up a bit, with a bit of the ‘5 things’ tag and pay it foward with the “Helping Hand Award”.
Five yummy things:
1. My peach cobbler
2. Chicken Caesar salad
3. My mother’s fried chicken
4. My grandmother’s lasagna
5. Sushi (I’m a fiend)
Five songs I know by heart:
1. Scenario by A Tribe Called Quest w/ Leaders of a New School
2. Isn’t She Lovely by Stevie Wonder (I was named after this song)
3. Shout by Tears For Fears
4. Ready or Not by The Fugees
5. Inside My Love by Minnie Riperton (I guess I really had no business singing this song as a kid)
Five places I would like to escape to (in no particular order):
1. St. Croix
4. Delaware (long story)
5. St. Barths
Five things I would never wear:
1. high-top sneakers (my first & last pair were LA Gears)
2. white shoes (reminds me of tic tacs)
3. bright colors (I’m an earth tones type of chick)
4. sweat pants (pants that make you sweat..not quite appealing)
5. bowling shoes
Five favorite TV shows (in no particular order):
5. As you can see, I don’t watch much tv
Five things I enjoy doing (in no particular order):
4. Spending time with my son
5. Spending time with ____________.
Five Favorite toys (in no particular order):
1. My red laptop
2. My red cell phone (although she’s going to be retired soon)
3. Xbox (gotta love Netflix Instant viewing that it has)
4. My 52 inch TV (goes great with #3)
5. My camera (that I really haven’t taken full advantage of)
Five people who I am tagging to fill this out and who I’ll also pass on the “Helping Hands Award” and those who I would want to participate in ‘paying it foward’:
Over the past couple of years of knowing “Kiwi” (not her real name), we’ve become pretty good friends. She understands my ‘moments of insanity’ and I understand her nicety’ness, but don’t make her angry, b/c she’ll definitely hulk out on you. Kiwi is the type of person who’ll give you the shirt off of her back and won’t think twice about it. She’s a true friend, even to those who I don’t really think deserve it, but that’s just me and my meaness coming out.
You have make questions? She definitely has the answers. This woman can make magic happen and her creativity amazes me. Now if only I can learn how to master the art of liquid eyeliner!
Siddity is definitely one of my favorite bloggers of all time, plus she has big hair like me! Speaking in regards to race relations, especially when it comes to being in an interracial relationship herself, has definitely gained her a following. But of course there are always the trolls who like to email her as well, but she’ll put them on blast and won’t think twice about doing it!
Rippa, is like the big, over protective brother & nosey brother I’ve never had (or wanted..lol). His sense of humour definitely rivals those comediennes who are actually paid to make people laugh. He has an in your face approach when it comes to politics, every day life & relationships. He sugar coats nothing, and I appreciate that.
I recently met Danni via Twitter, and from our first conversation about 80’s movies, we were a match made in TV/Music heaven..lol! I guess it had a lot ot do with being 70’s babies & 80’s kids! Her blog is mainly about personal growth that she’s made in her life and obstacles that she’s overcome! It definitely makes for an inspiring read!