I was over at Single Black Male and left a comment which was a little of a rant/randomness. I haven’t been in the mood lately to do any writing of my own, so my comment I left on his blog, will actually be part of my blog for today. Bottom line is that I need motivation and pain medication. No, I’m not an abuser of prescription pills, but recently, I’ve been suffering from a lot of joint & muscle pain. It originally started out in my right hand a few months ago, but I chalked that up to carpal tunnel, but then a few weeks ago in San Diego, I started feeling pain in my right knee. The orthopedic surgeon I went to see basically told me that I injured my Patella, due to walking around in flip-flops so much. After I heard that, I knew it would put a dent into my biking regimen. So he gave me some anti-inflammatory meds and a knee brace to wear for a week. I’m figuring that would put an end to the pain, but recently I’ve been feeling pain in other parts of my body. My left hand, my neck and the lower parts of my legs. The first thing that automatically came to my mind was Lupus. Just another issue that’s prevalent on my father’s side of the family. So needless to say, I’m visiting an internist on Monday, so she can get down to the root of these issues.
In any event, here is the rest of my randomness/rant for today!
1. Sometimes while driving in the DC/MD area, I just want to yell out of my window, “MERGE, BITCH! MERGE!”
2. So an ex recently ‘googled’ himself and found some information about himself on my blog (I put his name out their purposefully), it’s the same information that the ‘other woman’ found and contacted me about him…needless to say after speaking to her for about 5 hrs the other week, I will never understand why some women attack the ‘other woman’…This woman was the missing piece to my puzzle and I appreciate her so much! As far as his grimy ass, I ain’t taking shit down.
3. If another person asks to touch my hair one more time this week, they’re going to draw back a nub!
4. I think I hate my sister. She’s one of the most trifling women I know. Doesn’t give a shit about her son. I came across someone who knew her and I mentioned her son, and he was basically like, “Wow, I didn’t know she had a kid”, and this was AFTER they’ve known each other for about 6 months. “Flowers in the Attic” much?
5. I’m craving WHITE CASTLE. No, not the frozen ones you buy from the grocery store. But the ones I can get from any location in the NYC/NJ area. I might have to make the 3 1/2 hr trek back home this weekend just for a sack. I’m craving the wave!
6. I finally came across a genuinely nice man. He’s a little bit older than what I normally like (40). He falls right into my recent pattern of military men (I guess being surrounded by so many military bases, a pattern is bound to form) ohh so handsome, BUT, he talks to damn much about his job! I swear the first 45 minutes of our convo each day is about work. Eventually I tune out and all I hear is the teacher from the Peanuts cartoons, “Wok wok, wok, wok…wok wok”…Every few minutes I usually throw in a , “Wow, really?”.
7. I’ve been in the DC/MD area for about 5 yrs now, and I can honestly say, I still hate it. If it wasn’t for my job, I wouldn’t be here. I’ve never come across so many pretentious people in my whole entire life.