A judge ruled on Tuesday that 3 Black Lives Matter activists will not be allowed to protest on Christmas Eve at the Mall of America, but she said she couldn’t block other people.
MOA was successful in getting a restraining order against the activists, following last year’s protest that included 1000 people. The mall was unsuccessful in blocking the entire group.
“The Court does not have a sufficient basis to issue an injunction as to Black Lives Matters or to unidentified persons who may be acting as its agents or in active concert with the Black Lives Matters movement,” Hennepin County District Court Judge Karen Janisch wrote.
3 alleged leaders are barred from going to MOA tomorrow, but there is no restraining order against the rest of attendees. #MOASueMeToo
— Black Visions (@BlackVisionsMN) December 22, 2015
“We’re not going to be canceling the protest,” organizer Miski Noor said. “Us not showing up and us not speaking would be the mall winning.”